Versatile Workpiece Touch Probe Features Both Radio and Infrared Signals
January 20, 2015
HEIDENHAIN’s TS 460 touch probe with hybrid technology offers both radio and infrared signal transmission enabling its use for workpiece measurement on machines of any size (from small and enclosed to large and open).
The dual signal transmission enables the user to select either mode, combining the advantages of radio when extended range and large amounts of data are required, or the benefits offered by infrared signals when the highest accuracies and fast signal transmission are needed.
The compact design of the TS 460 probe makes it possible to use even where installation space is limited. Also the smaller contours of the TS permit much freedom when tilting into position. This all facilitates its use even in difficult applications, such as plunging into a cylinder and five-axis articulating spindle heads.
The optical sensor of the TS 460 is free of wear so it provides the specified probing reproducibility even after a large number of probing processes (5 million switching cycles during type testing).
• Radio transmission uses the open 2.4 Hz frequency band, 16 channels
• Radio range is usually 15 m, but more under ideal conditions
• Infrared transmission range is 7 m
• Only one SE 660 transmitter-receiver unit necessary
• 360 degree range of transmission
• Contains blower jets for cleaning the workpiece (with coolant or compressed air)