The new iOS app allows users to turn an iPad® into a versatile digital readout
Schaumburg, IL (March 2023) – ACU-RITE announced that its new iOS app, droPWR, is now available in the Apple App Store. The app allows users to turn an ordinary iPad into a versatile digital readout console.
This advancement leverages ACU-RITE’s long-standing expertise and offerings in the DRO space—while taking flexibility and ease-of-use even further. Key benefits of the droPWR include:
- Provides intuitive user experience and touchscreen conventions
- Allows users to dynamically switch between milling, turning and grinding machines/applications to save time and money
- Allows multiple configurations on one tablet, with parameters set to each user
- On-boarding configuration easily walks the user through application setup
- Uses Bluetooth technology for wireless connectivity to encoders via an interface box
Two key user advantages of the droPWR app are split-screen functionality and dynamic zoom. The split-screen capability allows users
to multitask—having more than one application displayed at a time (the readout application on one side and part print on the other, for example).
The dynamic zoom feature when enabled allows the user to visually see the position value of the current moving axis to greatly improve
legibility—especially from a distance.
“ACU-RITE DROs allow manufacturers and educators to take their manual machines to the next level in terms of precision, productivity and overall potential,” says ACU-RITE Business Unit Manager, John Parker.
“The droPWR takes this to the next level, thanks to its versatility and multi-machine capabilities. It’s a perfect fit for classrooms and manufacturing environments of all kinds.”
To learn more about droPWR and get a link to download the app, visit acu-rite.com/controls-readouts/dropwr.
Download image here.
John Parker, ACU-RITE Business Unit Manager
Sarah Moreau, HEIDENHAIN Marketing Manager