ECN/EQN 1300 series
Absolute rotary encoders with integral bearing
- Wide axial tolerance of up to ±0.5 mm
- Tapered shaft
- Very high positioning accuracy of down to ±20″
- 33,554,432 positions/rev.
- Multiturn functionality for up to 4096 revolutions
- Max. operating temperature: 115 °C
- Evaluation of different external temperature sensors
- Interfaces: EnDat and DRIVE-CLiQ
- Housing diameter ≈ 56 mm
Rotary encoders of this series are available with functional safety and a safe mechanical connection. Once integrated into an application with up to SIL 2 safety, they minimize malfunctions and facilitate the safe operation of machines and systems.
The tapered shaft allows the rotary encoder to be directly coupled to the mating shaft. No additional rotor coupling is required. The resulting high rigidity permits higher bandwidths in the control loop, reduces inaccuracy, and simplifies installation.
The stator coupling compensates for play between the motor and the rotary encoder, thereby reliably correcting inaccuracy. Even tilt and axial play can be compensated for. The stator coupling also permits very easy mounting and is compatible with the ECI/EBI/EQI 1300 series.
The rotary encoders of this series offer high reliability and perfected technology in a highly robust design. For decades, large numbers of them have successfully proven themselves in industries round the world.