Machine Controls and Touch Probes
Hard-to-machine materials. Complex geometries. Employee training challenges. The realities of today’s manufacturing floor require keen attention to constant process improvement. HEIDENHAIN CNC machine controls and touch probes offer a proven solution—with technologies that improve part quality, shop-floor efficiency and return on investment. For more than 30 years, we’ve perfected the delicate balance of cutting-edge innovation and universal compatibility. Contact us today, and see what precision control can do for your business.
Why HEIDENHAIN CNC controls?
- Easy-to-use machine interface with simple ways to create programs with and without CAM
- Fastest control for milling and turning with highest possible accuracy
- Most innovative solutions for automated production and complicated machining applications
- High compatibility and connectivity among HEIDENHAIN controls
Why HEIDENHAIN touch probes?
- Optical trigger mechanism prevents wear of probe components
- Many probing applications: Milling, turning, grinding, transfer lines, robots and high accuracy tasks
- Innovate probe features: Hybrid infrared/radio mode, workpiece cleaning, smart standby and a patented collision adapter
- Easy mechanical adjustment for runout, in addition to calibration cycles on CNC controls
Learn how to combat common machining challenges with advanced control technologiesAt HEIDENHAIN, we understand today's complex machining challenges and ambitious production schedules. That's why we design our CNC machine tool control functionalities to solve these issues.
Our Dynamic Efficiency functionalities allow high material removal rates and extended machine and tool life in roughing of especially hard-to-cut materials when chatter and high loads are present.
Our Dynamic Precision technologies enable better accuracy in acceleration and deceleration phases by dynamically adjusting the controller parameters depending on the machine’s age, load or machining position.
New Post Processor Developed for Mastercam Users
Updated March 2020 SCHAUMBURG, IL (August 2019) – In a collaborative effort to best enable 5-axis machining for users with HEIDENHAIN TNC controls and Mastercam® CAD/CAM software, a new collaborate post processor is now available. Called the HEIDENHAIN TNC 5X Mill post processor, CNC Software, Inc., developers of Mastercam software, introduced it recently after coordinating […]
Which touch probe is right for you?
For manufacturers looking to reduce setup times, increase machine usage time and improve the dimensional accuracy of the finished workpieces, touch probes can offer great advantages. In fact, most touch probes on the market today offer easy integration with machine tools and CNC controls—particularly milling machines and other multi-axis machining centers. How touch probes work […]
Klartext Portal: TNC online user support
The Internet is an endless source of knowledge. Knowing where to look for the information you need can seem like a daunting task. For TNC control users, the Klartext Portal is the place to go. The Klartext Portal is the go-to site for user support related to HEIDENHAIN controls. To keep you from getting lost […]