Linear Encoders for Length Measurement
Nothing beats the positioning accuracy of linear encoders from HEIDENHAIN. Available in absolute and incremental versions and ideal for a variety of applications—including machine tools, semiconductor machines and medical machines—these measuring solutions combat a variety of issues that erode precision.
Why HEIDENHAIN Linear Encoders?
- Eliminate machine tool position errors caused by thermal expansion, deformation of the drive mechanics, pitch issues and more
- High long-term speed stability
- Sturdy construction and high resistance to vibration
- Finer signal periods offer highest interpolation accuracy
- Compact, lightweight and easy to install
- Durable and dependable—functions properly even after many years of operation
- Sealed or enclosed linear designs available
Encoders for CNC machining applications
Few mechanical systems depend on a combination of speed, accuracy and repeatability more than the modern machine tool—especially in the age of multi-axis, CNC machinery and small-part, small-production runs. A metalworking operation is only as strong as its weakest link; one scrapped part not only inflicts added material costs, but also often affects the productivity […]