Direct Drive Motors and Motion Systems
HEIDENHAIN offers the largest direct drive motor range on the market via ETEL. Solutions range from high-end motion systems with nanometer precision to industrial applications requiring high torque. And like HEIDENHAIN, ETEL builds its linear and torque motors, along with motion systems, on a foundation of superior knowledge and technical expertise, disruptive technology and tireless quality control. Customers reap the benefit: The most cutting-edge, reliable and precise motion control solutions available.
GET MORE INFO
Why ETEL direct drive linear and torque motors?
- Choose from one of the most comprehensive ranges of direct drive linear and torque motors in the industry
- Enjoy all of the long-term benefits of direct drive technology, including lack of maintenance, dynamic capabilities and compact form factor
- ETEL’s direct drive motors feature an industry-recognized low-cogging design
- ETEL’s special construction enables an exceptional force density, as well as unparalleled thermal efficiency
- Customers benefit from ETEL’s deep expertise in direct drive systems during the design phase, installation, ramp-up and beyond
Why ETEL motion system products?
- Expertise lies in magnetic designs, bearing technology, metrology concepts, motion control architecture and materials—making ETEL the supplier of choice for advanced mechatronics solutions
- Choose from a wide range of motion systems, from standalone products to highly integrated platforms
- Standalone products include short stroke actuators, rotary axes, ZT combined modules, stacked/split systems, gantry platforms, planar platforms and electronic controllers
- Motion system platforms optimally combine motors, bearings, feedback, controls and isolation systems into the most top-of-the-line stage on the market
- ETEL’s motion controllers leverage 40 years of direct drive expertise toward advanced features for the semiconductor and electronics industry, allowing for the most effective linear motor operation possible
First, you must define the speed and torque requirements for the application. Important factors like friction, machining torque, static force due to an offset load must be considered.
Consider the top 3-factors for choosing a servo motor: Continuous torque, peak torque and speed that is required.
Why is the encoder feedback choice so important for linear motors?
Linear motors provide numerous benefits such as high dynamic performance, reliability, and longevity. The choice of position feedback in this case, linear encoders should exhibit these same characteristics. The system performance relies on the linear feedback.
New ETEL ST Actuators for Semi Manufacturing
SAN JOSE, CA (October 2021) – ETEL introduces two new short stroke actuators specifically for use as a unique solution for “Test and Scan” turret handlers in semiconductor manufacturing. Available in North America through parent company HEIDENHAIN, the TUCANA ST and the AQUARIUS ST are an extension of its Z line of actuators, providing users […]
Direct Drive Technology Integration Online Training
Drive technology has been around for over 40 years. Despite this, there still is a lack of adoption by many machine builders. Even those who are familiar with it may not have a desire to adopt the technology for a variety of reasons, from the difficulty of creating a new design to the concern of […]
ETEL’s UltimET Advanced Motion Controller
SAN JOSE, CA (June 2021) – ETEL’s new UltimET Advanced is a powerful and versatile multi-axis motion controller now available to bring fast real-time processing and a higher level of flexibility to a variety of complex manufacturing applications. This standalone controller from ETEL, a HEIDENHAIN company, is perfect for high-level machine processes in the electronics […]