Digital Readout Systems and Interface Electronics
It’s understood that applications from machine tools to measuring microscopes contain some error in the accuracy of moving components when compared to a known standard. Digital readout systems (or position display units) and interface electronics from HEIDENHAIN can address these issues—offering increased accuracy and quality control in myriad applications:
- ACU-RITE readout systems use a function called Position-Trac™ that enables quick, easy workpiece zero-reset after power loss.
- Both linear and non-linear error compensation, up to ±99999 ppm (parts per million), can be entered into the readout.
- With the greater positioning accuracy of the system, the inherent accuracy of the machine is used in full and the likelihood of errors is greatly reduced.
For machine tool operators, the benefits of DROs are substantial:
- The time the operator used to spend setting the coordinates for positioning is now spent machining more parts. This translates into greater operator efficiency and in turn, increased output.
- The elimination of paper-and-pencil calculations for offsets or other dimensions that may not appear on the drawings.
- A reduction in operator fatigue associated with counting hand wheel turns and straining to read verniers.
- Digital measuring system makes training of new or less-experienced operators much easier and less time consuming.
For nearly 50 years our Family of Brands partner, ACU-RITE, has represented the finest-quality readout systems precision glass scales and CNC controls. Learn more about the benefits of DROs from ACU-RITE here.
New EnDat 3 Next Gen Encoder Interface
SCHAUMBURG, IL (October 2020) – HEIDENHAIN is meeting the needs of the future of digital manufacturing with the debut of its new EnDat 3 encoder interface protocol. Now first available in HEIDENHAIN’s ExI 1100 series of inductive rotary encoders, this next generation interface offers users faster and more efficient operation in their machine motion control. […]
Free Downloadable Upgrade for ACU-RITE DROs
SCHAUMBURG, IL (March 2020) – Further enhancing the already extremely popular digital readouts (DROs) found in machine shops across the world, HEIDENHAIN’s ACU-RITE brand is now making available new free downloadable upgrade software with new features. This free upgrade promises to assist all users of current model ACU-RITE digital readouts to be more productive and […]
ACU-RITE’s New DRO Software Controls EDM Machines
SCHAUMBURG, IL (October 2019) – HEIDENHAIN CORPORATION’s ACU-RITE brand introduces new software for its versatile 300 Series digital readout (DRO) that now allows users to control a sinker EDM machine. This new development broadens this established DRO’s use to include all of the most common manual shop machines such as milling, turning, grinding and now […]