What if your “what if” relied on
A chip smaller than the width of a human hair—with double the processing speed. AGVs with micron-level positioning capabilities. Telescope motion control precise enough to zero in on a single star located light years away. It’s a reality for today’s engineers—the unsung heroes behind the world’s most inspiring mechanical accomplishments.
Scroll to read about engineers who turned impossibility into inspiration—and the HEIDENHAIN measurement and motion control solutions that helped them get there.Contact us
Imagine the possibilities.
Engineers in all industries have done amazing things through HEIDENHAIN partnerships. Explore their stories here.
- The encoder that safely enables high-speed, heavy-duty paper production
- Linear encoders that position the world’s largest solar telescope
- The torque motor that enabled the first solar-powered around-the-world flight
- Rotary encoders that make unmanned warehouse operations possible
- Tape encoders help position country’s 5th largest telescope